To do this, you need to:
- Open Outlook and click File. Under Info, click Tools then Clean up old items.
- Select the ‘Archive this folder and all subfolders’ option and choose which folder you want to archive.
- In ‘Archive items older than (X)’, choose your preferred date.
- Tick the box that says ‘Include items with “Do not AutoArchive” checked’ to archive items that are excluded from automatic archiving.
- Finally, press
However, if you do want to automatically archive your items, you can set up AutoArchive. This feature allows you to choose how often AutoArchive runs, where the archived items are stored, and how long Outlook waits before archiving an item automatically.
- Under File, select Options and then Advanced.
- In AutoArchive, press AutoArchive Settings.
- Tick the ‘Run AutoArchive every (X) days box’ and choose how often you want AutoArchive to run.
- On Clean out items older than, choose how old you want the item to be before it can be archived.
- Select which folder you want the archived items to be stored in by ticking ‘Move old item to’ or choose the ‘Permanently delete old items’ option, if you no longer want to store the old items.
- Finally, press OK.
Here to help
Whether it’s building resilient IT systems or expanding your Microsoft 365 knowledge, Infuse are here to help your business every step of the way. To get started today, email us at [email protected] and we’ll be happy to help!