As 1st line IT support, you will be the initial point of contact for support calls. You will be expected to log, categorise, troubleshoot, fix and escalate where applicable to 2nd line support.
The role will be based in our Derby office but with travel to sites of our larger clients as well as the possibility of visiting their remote workers, so a clean driving licence and own transport is desirable but not essential. Reasonable travel expenses will be reimbursed, subject to Company limits.
You will be responsible for primary application support covering both Microsoft Office as well as numerous Line of Business applications. You will also be involved in the installation and configuration of a range of application packages as well as performing upgrades of both hardware and software.
The hours are 9:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday.
• Helping our clients with their IT problems via email, telephone, and remote-control tools
• Onsite and remote project work
• 1st line support
• Responding to alerts generated by our proactive monitoring tools
• Using various DR and backup technologies to restore files and servers locally and in the cloud
• Advising clients on IT security and spotting trends in IT requests and faults
The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the following:
• Windows 10
• Microsoft Office 2013 – 2016
• Basic networking skills – DNS DHCP
• Understanding of hardware components
• Microsoft Teams
The ideal candidate
• As the primary point of contact, you must have excellent customer service skills with a positive telephone manner
• You will be able to work on your own initiative but operate as part of the IT support team
• Good timekeeping and attention to detail
• Able to multi-task and prioritise
• Good analytical skills with a methodical work manner
• Working in support for several years within a multi-client or multi-site environment
• 25 days annual leave + statutory Bank Holidays
• Option to purchase an additional 5 days annual leave per year
• Your birthday off each year
• Smith Cooper Reward Scheme which offers huge discounts on a wide variety of websites, shops, and services
• Cashback on Healthcare including dental visits, physiotherapy, etc
• Regular staff and social events and annual companywide away days
Click here to be taken to our jobs portal. Please upload a copy of your CV and a cover letter.