To delay the delivery of your Outlook emails for up to two hours:
- In Outlook, select File and choose Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Choose New Rule in the top right of the pop-up window.
- Select “Apply rule on messages I send.” Select Next, and Next again. Click Yes on the confirmation box to apply to all emails you send going forward.
- In the “Select action(s)” list, tick the check box for the “defer delivery by a number of minutes”.
- In the “Step 2: Edit the rule description (click an underlined value)” box, click the underlined phrase “a number of” (which will be highlighted in blue), and enter the number of minutes for which you would like your emails to be delayed before they are sent. Please note – delivery can only be delayed up to 120 minutes.
- Select OK, and Next.
- In the next window, select any exceptions you’d like to your email delayed delivery – if none, select Next.
- In the “Step 1: Specify a name for this rule” box, choose a name for the rule and tick the “Turn on this rule” check box.
- Select Finish.
Here to help
We’re not just great at providing IT support (if we do say so ourselves!) But we’re here to help you supercharge your tech capabilities, and bring you up to speed with the latest updates and tech hacks to make your tech work just as hard as you!
For more information on our services, drop us a message at [email protected]!